Ask Video Live 8 Tutorial Level 1
LIVE 8 TUTORIAL DVD LEVEL 1
Learn to Create, Produce, and Perform with Live!
Our resident Live expert Morgan Pottruff is back with a true gem – a fantastic 2 DVD series on Ableton Live 8. Morg will explain everything in a step by step, easy to follow style, and show you how to get the most out of Live.
•Over 3 hours of instructional video
•Extremely high quality tutorial videos
•Easy to use interface
•Great for users of all Live versions.
•Mac OS X & Windows compatible
You’ll get 33 videos and over 3 hours of instruction on Ableton Live by Morgan Pottruff, aka Morg, veteran international performer, producer and remixer. Morg has used Live for everything from electronic-classical to techno since version 1.
About Morgan Pottruff: Morg is a well known performer, producer and remixer in the dance, trance and underground scene in North America. Morg has used Live for everything from electronic-classical to techno since version 1. He has a great pace and knack for making the difficult seem so easy. His tech background is very extensive, and he has worked as a clinician and product specialist for the last ten years.
He has a great pace and knack for making the difficult seem so easy. If you own Live then you need to own this DVD!
Live 8 Tutorial Level 1 Content:
33 High Quality Videos:
2. Setup 1
3. Setup 2
4. The Menus
6. Getting Started
7. The Library
8. Control Bar
9. The Mixer – example video
10. Arrangement vs. Session
11. Clip Track View
12. Launching Clips
13. Warping 1
14. Warping 2
15. Audio Effects 1 – example video
16. Audio Effects 2
17. Audio Effects 3
18. Compression & Sidechain
19. Recording Audio
20. Beat Repeater – example video
22. Track Automation
23. External Effects
25. Clip Transport – example video
26. Recording MIDI
27. MIDI Editing
28. MIDI Effects
29. Editing In Arrangement View
30. Video In Arrangement
31. Remote MIDI
32. Remote Keyboard
The Secrets Of House Music Production (144-page full-colour essential guide book to producing cutting-edge house music)
The biggest name in dance sample libraries brings you the essential guide to producing cutting-edge house music. After four years producing award-winning sample collections, Sample Magic share the secrets of house music production in this 144-page full-colour book packed with hundreds of walkthroughs, hints, tips and insights from some of the biggest names in the industry. All parts of the production process are covered, including: making beats, drum sounds, basslines, structure, instrumentals, FX, mixing, vocals, mastering, remixes, programming ideas and more. Every style of house is covered, from minimal to tribal, electro to progressive, soulful to jackinÂ´. In-depth tutorials reveal the tricks of the pros, with step-by-step tutorials using Logic, Cubase and Ableton. A bonus CD includes 500+MB of exclusive samples to get you started. Written by Marc Adamo (DJ Magazine, Future Music) with contributions from Wolfgang Gartner, Way Out West, Sharooz and a foreword by Mark Knight, this is the first time the secrets of house music have ever been fully revealed.
Chapter by Chapter:
- Drums: The kick drum, Snares and claps, Hi-Hats, Cymbals and percussion, Synthetic percussion, Drum programming, Groove and swing, Programming grids. Walkthroughs: Creating an analogue kick, Layered kicks, Increasing snare width, The gated snare, Creating an analogue snare, Layered clap and snare, Chunkier hi-hats, White noise hi-hats, Humanise your beats, Zap percussion, Click and glitch percussion, Groove templates in Logic, Swing and groove in Ableton, Groove tricks in Reason, Drum programming grids. Pro-tips: Wolfgang Gartner.
- Bass: The basics, Bass in the mix, Sub bass. Walkthroughs: Sidechaining the bass, Wider bass, Minimal basslines, Tech-House basslines, Progressive basslines, Electro basslines, Fidget basslines, Disco and funky-house basslines. Pro-tips: Way Out West.
- Vocals: What kind of vocal?, The vocal session, Editing the vocals, Vocal production, Automation, Vocal FX. Walkthroughs: Comping from multiple takes, Auto-Tune basics, Melodyne basics, Next steps in Melodyne, Chorus blocks, New harmony lines, The lead vocal, Producing the chorus block, Adlibs, Minimal vocals, Vocoder vox, Sleazy tuned electro vox, Reverse reverb, Phone filter and riser. Pro-tips: The Young Punx.
- The music: Synth anatomy, Classic pianos and stabs, Pads, Fat leads and arps, Soulful Rhodes, Roots and the minor scale, Major vs minor, Inversions, 7th 9ths and beyond, Working with loops, Rex loops, Apple Loops, Creative FX. Walkthroughs: Early 90s house, Synth chord stabs - tech and prog style, Mighty lead, Portamento electro lead, Analogue anthem pads, Gated pads, Soulful house chords, Logic Flex, Slice to EXS, Creating a Rex file, Percussion loop edits in Ableton, Re-grooving drum and percussion loops in Ableton, Using Apple Loops, Turn a Wav into an Apple Loop, FX: Alarm wind-up, FX: The bomb, FX: Fizzy sweeps, FX: downshifter pitch drop, FX: White noise crash, FX: crash swell, FX: Elevator/white noise woosh, FX: Minimal verb build, FX: Full mix FX, FX: Dub siren
- Structure: Structure, Intros and outros, Anatomy: Electro-house, Anatomy: Minimal & tech-house, Anatomy: Vocal-led house.
- Effects: Insert or bus?, EQ, Compression, Parallel and multi-band compression, Limiter, Noise gate, De-esser, Overdrive, Distortion and clipping, Amp and speaker simulators, Bit-crusher, Tape saturation, Reverb, Echo and delay, Chorus and ensemble, Flanger, Phaser, Pitch shifter, Sub bass enhancers, Exciters, Ring modulation and frequency shifters, Vocoders, Auto-panner, Stereo enhancers, Stereo spread, DSP-effects, Repeaters, Multi-effects
- Mixing: Before you start, Approaches, Dynamics, EQ, Panning, Space, What goes where?, Frequency diagram, Mix automation, Monitoring, The master bus, Advanced mixing, Note to frequency chart, Mastering, Remixing, Kick-starting the remix: four approaches. Walkthroughs: 32-part mixing walkthrough, from kick drum through to the master - covers EQ, compression, transient shapers, reverbs etc, Mastering the mix, Edits to the master, The pre-drop fade.
- Outro: A word on the money, by Sharooz. Index.
Bonus CD: Limited Edition 500MB 'House' sample CD containing 100s of the very best hand-picked loops from across the Sample Magic range, including SM16 Deep Tech-House.
The Billboard Guide to Writing and Producing Songs that Sell: How to Create Hits in Today's Music Industry
The Billboard Guide to Writing and Producing Songs that Sell unveils the secrets to climbing the charts and reaching success in today’s ultracompetitive music industry. Eric Beall supplies his firsthand knowledge of today’s record business, as well as interviews with successful writers, producers, and executives from the worlds of pop, hip-hop, country, adult contemporary, and R&B. The result: a proven approach to constructing songs that open doors, create careers, and communicate to listeners around the world. Key areas explored include:
•How does a song become a hit?
•What makes a song a single?
•Is there a formula for creating a hit?
Fun and practical exercises provide opportunities to hone skills and expose specific talents, helping songwriters combine their unique voices to the demands of the commercial marketplace. Filled with fresh ideas that will spark beginners and veterans alike, this book will lead the way toward the industry’s ultimate challenge: the creation of that chart-topping hit song.
ASK Video Reason Tutorial DVD
Over 4 hours of instruction on Propellerhead's Reason by Morgan Pottruff, aka Morg (author of the Live Tutorial DVD).
Reason 3.0 is a virtual studio rack with all the tools and instruments you need to turn your ideas into music. Morg will show you Reason as you've never seen it before.
This DVD is packed with detail not seen before. If you thought you knew Reason then think again - Morg shows you Reason in some incredible ways through the extra 'Tips and Tricks' sections that really show off the power under the hood.
If you own Reason then you need to own this DVD!